Friday, September 5, 2008

And the colon results are in!

I received a call late last night from Dr. Muveety regarding the test results on my polyps. They were adenomatous polyps, or pre-cancerous but benign. This all means that my colon/rectal area is a shining example of normal. Well, not so shiny now. It's a pumping machine!

Yesterday, I received the news that I was assigned an oncologist in Newberg. Dr. Patil will be seeing me on Friday, September 12. My uneducated thoughts are that he will get me started on radiation for my arm and schedule me for a full body scan of some type. I won't know anything more until he gets the scan results back. It might mean more tests or starting me on a therapy.

How am I doing now? I'm finding that it doesn't take as much for me to stress out now. I've also noticed that my affect is very even. I don't get or feel really excited nor upset, but I can laugh and have fun, so that part of me is working well. I'm getting in touch with the Providence Cancer Center to learn about my support options. I'm trying to identify an appropriate diet and have begun walking (not marathons, mind you). I want to find someone who's going through something similar so we can commiserate or compare notes and such.

11 comments:

Whitney R said...

Good to hear you have a healthy colon :)

Walking is great. I find I feel much better about myself if I even walk a mile.

I look forward to your posts.

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Collenie, I am glad you are finally getting some answers. For me, not knowing is the worst thing.

xoxoxo
Susan

Anonymous said...

LOL, Colleen isn't our neice so funny???!!! "If I even walk a mile" LOL-ROTHLMAO Ah the follies of youth. I'm up for a block or two! *G*

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Okay what in the H-E-Double Toothpicks does ROTHLMAO mean?

Sheesh...

PiBarb said...

I have heard ROFLMAO is Rolling on the Floor Laughing My Tush Off. :-) but what is the "H" all about?

Rodger has used the new Providence Cancer Center in Hillsboro since we started this journey this year and I can't say enough about them. FABULOUS wonderful staff, wonderful support and great cookies too. :-)

Unknown said...

Colleen, Dr. Patil is a wonderful doctor. He was recommended to me when I needed an iron infusion earlier this year, but I wasn't important enough to get in to see him. He was booked for several weeks out and I ended up having to see a different doctor. All in all that doctor did a fine job, but Dr. Patil was the one who I heard is a wizard, so I am confident that you are in good hands.

I know that I work a little later than you normally do, but I would be willing to walk with you in the Tualatin, Wilsonville, Charbonneau area after work if we can get some days scheduled. I know it is easier to walk if you have someone to do it with you. On a weekend I would even venture towards Newberg for a walk.

Let me know if that interests you.

Diane

jtimlick said...

Colleen, so surprised to hear your news. Remember, I live so very very close. Please call if you need anything! I will be following your blog. Wish you well on your journey. My thoughts and prayers will be with you!
503-538-8241

Anonymous said...

Opps, the H was un-intentional. LOL Sorry Sue. Colleen, you have so many caring friends wanting to help you and give their support! I love that, does any of them know how to use a weed wacker? *G*
I especially glad to hear great things about Dr. Patil and that your case is interesting enough for him. It wasn't enough just to know that he isn't Dr. Death.

Nathan Stephanie Gilbert Family said...

Hey Auntie Collenney or Coloneeny. I am glad things are looking up so far. Steph has a baby in her eating her nutrients kinda like a cancer so you can talk to her if you need to. (JK)

susan said...

Nathan, you are a sick man. I love you!
Aunt Susan

Whitney R said...

Ohhhh, COME ON! You quick and nimble girls could walk AT LEAST 4 blocks!