Saturday, October 11, 2008

Butt Shots it is! No Chemo

I can't believe that I just did a whole column about my latest updates and then closed the browser window without saving! :( So, now I have to rest, make some puzzle, eat a piece of sugar-free german chocolate cake and start over again. I'll think I'll work on the easy part, leaving all the green vegitation for mom.

In short for now, no chemo, but will get monthly sandostatin shots for about a year. Carcinoid primary site may be surgically removed, we'll know more on 10/28/08 about that. I'll have this for the rest of my life, which is expected to be a long and fruitful one. The shots will make the carcinoids go inert, making them stable.

Later!

12 comments:

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

I'm so happy!

Susan doing can-can:
la la la la la la la la la la la
lalalalala lalal lala lallal la lalalal!

Misti said...

yay no chemo, boo rest of life, but, yay long long life!!

Whitney R said...

Yay!!!

LONG LIVE THE AUNTIE COLLEENIE!!

PiBarb said...

SUPER !!! -- I am doing a jig with Rodger - celebrating YES!!! Good News!!!!! Hugs and Loves.

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Where did they find the primary?

colleen said...

My primary is in the mesantary near my bowel.

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

You said bowel!

Anonymous said...

Better to being saying bowel than losing it because the primary is IN it!!!!! LOL I'm excitedly awaiting Mom's fried chicken dinner and Colleen's interpritive curly ribbon dance tonight! I had a great trip and am glad to be home!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm long and fruitful life... I wonder what Auntie Colleen's fruit would taste like?

Victoria Gilbert said...

YAY!!! Good news! I'm so happy!

Shame about the butt shots though.... why the butt?

of all places?

Oh well, no chemo! YAY!!!!

Michael The Fair And Great said...

Colleenie,
you said that you got your first tatoo for the radiation site. How about a butt tatoo of a scoring target (bullseye) or did your Tiddlie Winks felt pad have some scoring printing on it that a tatoo artist could copy?

Must plan, must plan....

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Colleen had a Tiddly Winks felt pad? I had nothing...squat!!! Just the winks. That's it.