Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm safely home

I came home this afternoon with mom and Lori (Friday). We got my prescription of Oxycontin and mom got me a meal of yakisoba and gyozo. Very yummy, although it will fill me up for at least four meals. For dessert, I had a Diabetic Bakery sugar free German Chocolate cake, which made me smile.

I still walk like a bent-over old lady, but have a cane, so at least I won't fall on my face. I appreciate my sister keeping the Blog updated for everyone, and I certainly appreciate everyone's responses. I was surprised to learn that we were going to name "it". But name it we must. I'm still waiting to hear from Kevin.

I had several people come and visit me in the hospital, which made me glad I could wash my hair. They also made my days much happier. St. Vincents is a good hospital and I had one of the really good updated rooms, but it all doesn't mean much feeling lousy. The staff truly helped me through a tough hospitalization. My stomach is sore when I move, but feels ok as long as I'm still. I have to run a few little errands tomorrow, but am hoping to use one of the store electric carts.

I really lost my inhibitions re: my body while in the hospital. I was always ready to show someone my wound/staples, but as I was gladly pulling up my gown, they were diving for a blankie to cover my "nethers" with. Those silly people... :)

Well, I'm tired already, and so will sign off. I don't have my usual sense of humor, but I have an excuse.

Thank you everyone!

love Colleen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that my sister came home yesterday because I am now sick and would have been banned from her hospital room. Hopefully I'll be better before going to Idaho for Chan's graduation.

Misti said...

I'm glad you're home!! It's always nicer to be in your own bed. I was super glad to get home from the week I spent in the hospital when I was preggo- even though I had to stay in bed at home! Feel better soon!!

Whitney R said...

I'm gald you are home, too! How dare those doc's/nurses try and cover up your nethers?? You can do what you want.

Now you can tell people you got in a knife fight. (that's what Kevin does with his scar) Just make sure to beef up the story and then tell it on your blog!

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

"Eschew Obfuscation!"